Eating any of the parts growing above ground can cause an upset stomach.
All parts toxisc; can be fatal.
Contact with the sap may irritate the skin. Inhalation of the smoke when the plant is burned may trigger an allergic reaction. All parts toxic to horses.
Bark and berries intense irritants; can be fatal.
Fruit, leaves and bark all violent emetics and purgatives.
Fresh fruit and bark a powerful emetic.
All parts are potentially toxic and may cause vomiting, low blood-pressure and changes in heart rhythm.
All parts are toxic but not quite as toxic as folklore would have us believe.
Ingestion of any plant material causes increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight, resulting in reddening and blistering.
Berries are a violent emetic and purgative.
All parts are potentially poisonous, but cases are rare as the plant is unpalatable.
All parts are toxic, can be fatal. when a Laburnum stick is thrown for a dog to fetch it can cause serious ulceration of its mouth.
All parts toxic.
Prunus laurocerasus & P. lusitanica
Foliage highly toxic, can be fatal. As with Rhododendron, livestock ill normally leave it alone but, after heavy snowfall, it may well be the only greenery on view on within reach and it is then that it will be tried.
Animals can find acorns (and, to a lesser extent, foilage) quite addicitive and excessive consumption can lead to poisoning by the tannins contained within. Once discovered, a beast will break down or jump fences to reach them again.
'Purging Buckthorn' berries are a powerful purgative.
Foliage highly toxic, can be fatal. (See Prunus laurocerasus).
Eating the berries may cause vomiting, confusion, dizziness and diarrhoea.
All parts toxic, even after drying . Can be very quick acting - livestock will often still have foilage in their mouths when found dead. For some reason Roe deer (and maybe other species) can eat Yew with impunity.